summer in saskatoon is short. it was even shorter this year, but it was full of memorable moments. i remember a few::
- elijah climbed up the monkey bars and walked across, by himself.
- i was driving our crashed car to the body shop when the hood opened all the way up and smashed back into the windshield. no one was hurt.
- i came home to our house repainted with the color we chose, wondering if i’d like it.
- elijah looking sorry after he dropped our camera on the concrete patio and broke it.
- elijah singing ‘people on the road can turn an LOL into a great big OMG‘ — over and over.
- a young boy bought my handmade toy at the fringe festival. he took off. i looked at the money he put in my palm — two dollars short.
- elijah found a ladybug on a sidewalk. he was so happy that i was happy. and he stepped on it.
- i was saying ‘whee~’ as i playfully tipped the rocking chair back and forth. elijah who was watching me by my side tamed me “mama, ‘whee~’ shinaide. abunai kara.” (mama, don’t do ‘whee~’. because it’s dangerous.)
- elijah and i picked dandelions for papa late one afternoon. he held them tight in his palm until he got home. he gave them to papa. papa gave him a big hug.
- elijah ate a whole watermelon in one day, by himself.
i hope your summer is full of beautiful moments…